How to Apply for Visitor Visa Extension?
Study/Work Status to Visitor Visa Extension
- In order to extend your Canadian visitor visa, you will need to apply to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Make sure your visitor visa (also known as Temporary Resident Visa or TRV) is still valid.
- For this visa extension process, you must apply for a visitor record since the document contains an expiry date upon which you are bound to leave the country.
- During your application for the visitor visa extension, if your current visa expires, you can still stay in Canada until you get to know an update. Such a situation is known as ‘maintained status’, previously known as ‘implied status.’
- Once your application for a visa extension is approved, you will be allowed to stay in Canada as a visitor beyond the expiry date.
- In case your visitor status has already expired, you may try to restore the status by continuing to meet initial conditions and requirements.
Apart from the above scenario, you may also wish to apply for a visitor visa extension for other reasons such as:
NOTE: If you want to change your status from a study permit or work permit or even extend your visitor visa, make sure that you apply at least 30 days before the expiry of your current visa status.
- A study permit to a visitor record
- A work permit to a visitor record
How 7 Star Immigration Consultancy Can Help You
Do you need help with your visitor visa application or visa extension? Feel free to contact us today for any assistance! 7 Star Immigration Consultancy INC
provides a comprehensive range of visa services to meet your immigration requirements.